Monday, September 8, 2008

Am I pregnant?

 
Called for a 17yr old, 37 week gestation
Patient will be walking outside waiting for EMS
 
Expectant mothers waiting outside are never a good sign.
We arrive on site, and as advertised, is the expectant mom pacing back and forth.
Do you feel the need to push?
I don't know
Has your water broke?
I don't know
Are you pregnant? (I couldn't help it)
Then she looks at me like I'm the stupidest person on earth.
Do you know why we were called here?
No answer.
Finally, the mom's mom answers some of the questions.
Will I get a stork pin?......I don't know
 
Kids shouldn't be having kids.

4 comments:

Ambulance Mommy said...

amen to that....

you know its a bad day when you have to call the Grandmother of a baby because mom and baby were in an MVA, and the mom isn't old enough to sign her own RMA. But she can sign for her baby!

Isla said...

Great new blog came here from Paramedics diary. Really like the kinda bulleted to the point style of witting

katie said...

really enjoyed reading your blog. you have a unique way of telling a story. hope you write some more soon!

katie said...

really enjoyed reading your blog. you have a unique way of telling a story. hope you write some more soon!